Join John Riopel for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of Working with Custom Fields and Formulas in Microsoft Project.
- [Instructor] This course focuses on building custom fields and formulas in Microsoft Project. I'm not going to be covering many Microsoft Project basics, so here's what you should already know about Project. You should understand ribbons. Views, either task views as well as resource level views. You should understand tables within those views, both custom and, of course, built in. And lastly, fields. Under the project ribbon, custom fields, both task and resource.
If you discover that you aren't as familiar with Project as you should be, check out my Mastering Project Graphical Reports or other Microsoft Project courses in the Lynda.com training library.
Note: This course was designed in collaboration with Bonnie Biafore.
- Touring custom field categories
- Working with enterprise fields
- Creating lookup tables
- Choosing custom fields
- Using custom fields to edit built-in fields
- Importing fields and formulas
- Creating formulas to edit text based on other fields
- Creating graphical indicators
- Choosing effective indicators
- Importing indicator criteria