Identify the processes that span all aspects of project management.
- Project elements, such as Scope, Schedule, Cost,…Risk, and Quality, are inter-dependent.…Making a small change in one of these…could have a big impact in other parts of your project,…a lot like someone moving their arm in a game of Twister.…Project Integration is what you do…to coordinate these elements and make trade-offs…in order to achieve your project objectives.…Your first integration management task…comes at the very beginning of a project:…developing a project charter.…
A project charter provides an overview of the project…and why it's necessary.…It also communicates the project manager's…level of authority.…A project charter usually includes an initial scope,…high-level cost estimate, and schedule milestones,…and a list of project stakeholders.…So, you can see why developing one…falls under integration management.…To integrate means to bring parts together into a whole.…
A project plan is the epitome of project integration.…It's the road map you use to guide your project journey…from beginning to end,…
Bonnie Biafore has always been fascinated by how things work and how to make things work better. In this course, she explains the fundamentals of project management, from defining the problem, establishing project goals and objectives, and building a project plan to managing team resources, meeting deadlines, and closing the project. Along the way, she provides tips for reporting on project performance, keeping a project on track, and gaining customer acceptance.
- Defining the components of a project
- What it takes to be a project manager
- Using project management software like Microsoft Project
- Managing project scope, budget, and schedule
- Managing project resources, including people
- Managing project risk
- Initiating a project
- Identifying and managing stakeholders
- Identifying requirements and deliverables
- Developing a project plan
- Building a project schedule
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Understanding the critical path
- Running the project
- Managing teams
- Monitoring performance
- Closing a project
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Project Management
2. Exploring Project Management Knowledge Areas
3. First Things First
How to develop requirements4m 19s
4. Developing a Project Plan
5. Building a Project Schedule
6. While You Run the Project
7. Working with Teams
8. Monitoring and Controlling Progress and Performance
9. Closing a Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.