Learn how to proactively manage project schedules. Get project management tips to resolve schedule conflicts, shorten timeframes, and reduce costs.
- Project schedules put your juggling skills to the test. When you build a schedule, you try to complete the project scope by its deadline with the resources management gives you without blowing the project budget. To add to the challenge, the schedule keeps changing as work progresses. So your schedule has to be flexible, too. Hi, I'm Bonnie Biafore. As a project manager, consultant, and trainer, I've been helping people schedule and manage projects for years.
In this course I'll guide you through project scheduling from developing a schedule management plan, to building your schedule, and then fine-tuning it to satisfy the project objectives. We will also explore how to find scheduling problems, shorten timeframes, reduce costs, and more. And I'll point out scheduling best practices all along the way. With these techniques in your toolkit, you'll develop schedules that meet stakeholders' expectations and can also adapt easily to the changes that arise once work begins.
Are you ready to dive into scheduling projects? If so, let's get started.
Note: This course aligns with best practices from A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK® Guide) - Sixth Edition, published by the Project Management Institute®.
- Developing a schedule management plan
- Identifying project activities
- Adding milestones
- Organizing work
- Estimating duration and work
- Handling lag in dependencies
- Defining resources
- Assigning resources to activities
- Working with part-time and remote workers
- Fine-tuning assignments
- Optimizing schedules
- Managing and changing schedules
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Understanding a Project Schedule
2. Identifying and Organizing Activities
3. Sequencing Activities
4. Assigning Resources to Tasks
5. Fine-Tuning Assignments
6. Optimizing Schedules
Baseline the schedule2m 12s
7. Managing Schedules
Next steps2m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.