Learn project management techniques to effectively manage simple projects and complex enterprise-wide initiatives. This course tackles the basics of project management, from building a project plan to managing resources.
- Hi, I'm Bonnie Biafore. Welcome to Project Management Fundamentals. This course is the beginning of a fascinating and rewarding journey, one that takes you through managing your projects effectively from beginning to end. We'll tackle planning a project, starting with identifying the problem to solve, and how you're going to solve it. We'll take a look at gathering requirements, identifying deliverables, assumptions, and risks.
I'll provide tips for kicking off project execution, making your project run smoothly, and working with your project teams. Then, we'll look at everything that goes into monitoring and controlling project performance, so you stay on time and within budget. Finally, I'll talk about how you wrap up a project. Having the proper skills and tools in your project toolbox is critical to delivering a successful project.
I'll introduce you to these skills and tools, and how to use them effectively, in Project Management Fundamentals.
Bonnie Biafore has always been fascinated by how things work and how to make things work better. In this course, she explains the fundamentals of project management, from defining the problem, establishing project goals and objectives, and building a project plan to managing team resources, meeting deadlines, and closing the project. Along the way, she provides tips for reporting on project performance, keeping a project on track, and gaining customer acceptance.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Defining the components of a project
- What it takes to be a project manager
- Using project management software like Microsoft Project
- Managing project scope, budget, and schedule
- Managing project resources, including people
- Managing project risk
- Initiating a project
- Identifying and managing stakeholders
- Identifying requirements and deliverables
- Developing a project plan
- Building a project schedule
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Understanding the critical path
- Running the project
- Managing teams
- Monitoring performance
- Closing a project
Skill Level Beginner
Project Management Foundations: Communicationwith Doug Rose1h 47m Appropriate for all
1. Getting to Know Project Management
2. Exploring Project Management Knowledge Areas
3. First Things First
How to develop requirements4m 19s
4. Developing a Project Plan
5. Building a Project Schedule
6. While You Run the Project
7. Working with Teams
8. Monitoring and Controlling Progress and Performance
9. Closing a Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.