Discover how to proactively manage project schedules.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Bonnie Biafore, and welcome to Managing Project Schedules. If you're new to project scheduling, or want to improve your scheduling skills, this course will give you the basics. We'll begin by examining what project scheduling is and looking at the components that go into a schedule. Then I'll guide you through identifying the work that needs to be done, estimating time and cost, and putting tasks into the right order. I'll describe how to build a project team and assign resources to tasks.
I'll also provide tips for working with part-time workers and remote teams. We'll explore ways to fine-tune the schedule to balance people's work loads. Finally, we'll go over methods for managing a schedule to deliver what's important and keep the project on-track from start to finish. Managing a project schedule successfully requires a well-stocked toolbox. I'll introduce you to these tools and show you how to use them in managing project schedules.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Identifying the work that needs to be done
- Adding milestones
- Delaying or overlapping tasks with lag and lead time
- Assigning resources
- Balancing workloads
- Adding buffers and baselines to the schedule
- Uncovering and correcting out schedule problems<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.