Learn about stakeholder validation. Explore how to define and manage project scope. Discover tools to ensure that you are asking consistent questions with consistent personas.
- [Instructor] Voice of the customer can be…like detective work.…As you ask different people, you get different answers,…and even when you ask different people…within the same company, you can get different answers,…so capturing a persona is an important activity…to avoid this key trap.…When you hear engineers say, I'm an engineer…and it's my job to build things, and not you,…or procurement say, I'm in procurement…and it's my job to reduce spending,…or a business unit manager say,…it's my job to run a profitable operation,…then it's highly likely that you're going to get…different answers from each of those personas…as you do voice of the customer.…
So, the way to remedy this is to capture the persona…and analyze the input of one persona against another.…So, typically, you will interview a customer…and you will capture the date and the company…and the person and the title,…but you can also assign a persona.…Was that person engineering or procurement…or a business unit manager, or some other role?…And on top of that, you can get their feedback…
- Hard skills and soft skills needed for program management
- Reporting and managing risk
- Phases of program management
- Understanding customers
- Running effective team meetings
- Working with partners
- Engineering, architecture, design, and code reviews
- Managing delivery and release
- Competitive analysis
- Measuring results
Skill Level Intermediate
Make IT Work in Your Businesswith Scott M Burrell1h 43m Intermediate
Cert Prep: SNCP Foundations (S10-110)with Hubbert Smith2h 21m Intermediate
1. Career in Program Management
Reporting and managing risk3m 46s
2. Concept Development: Project Phase 0
3. Plan and Scope: Project Phase 1
4. Development and Execution: Project Phase 2
5. Delivery and Release: Project Phase 3
6. Operate: Project Phase 4
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.