Discover how to use a custom formula to roll up to the next task summary and project level.
- [Instructor] Now that we have our duration indicator,…we may want to roll those values up…to the top level of the project.…To do that, we can right-click…on the duration indicator column,…select custom fields again.…This time, we can choose to roll up,…and use either a max, a minimum, or a sum.…Since we're not interested in any of those features,…since we want it to calculate what's down below,…we'll use the formula for the roll up grouping,…and we'll press OK.…Now, we have that summary line, and the total project…calculated with our duration indicator,…as it goes forward in time.…
Note: This course was designed in collaboration with Bonnie Biafore.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Touring custom field categories
- Working with enterprise fields
- Creating lookup tables
- Choosing custom fields
- Using custom fields to edit built-in fields
- Importing fields and formulas
- Creating formulas to edit text based on other fields
- Creating graphical indicators
- Choosing effective indicators
- Importing indicator criteria