Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Project Management Fundamentals.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] You have access to the exercise files used throughout this course. The exercise files are in the Exercise Files folder. I've placed it on the desktop, but you can store it wherever you like. There are files for many movies. They reside in subfolders named according to the chapters. Some of the exercise files are sample project management documents. In addition to studying these files as you watch movies, you can use them as a basis for creating documents for your own projects.
Other exercise files are worksheets you can use as you view this course, to note important concepts or terms that you would like to remember. At times, I will encourage you to ask questions about a project you're currently working on or have worked on in the past. You can use the worksheets to record your answers to these questions. You can also use the My Notes feature on the website to add notes to any movie. You don't have to use these exercise files.
You can use files of your own. Are you ready to explore project management? Great, then let's get started.
Bonnie Biafore has always been fascinated by how things work and how to make things work better. In this course, she explains the fundamentals of project management, from defining the problem, establishing project goals and objectives, and building a project plan to managing team resources, meeting deadlines, and closing the project. Along the way, she provides tips for reporting on project performance, keeping a project on track, and gaining customer acceptance.
- Defining the components of a project
- What it takes to be a project manager
- Using project management software like Microsoft Project
- Managing project scope, budget, and schedule
- Managing project resources, including people
- Managing project risk
- Initiating a project
- Identifying and managing stakeholders
- Identifying requirements and deliverables
- Developing a project plan
- Building a project schedule
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Understanding the critical path
- Running the project
- Managing teams
- Monitoring performance
- Closing a project
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Project Management
2. Exploring Project Management Knowledge Areas
3. First Things First
How to develop requirements4m 19s
4. Developing a Project Plan
5. Building a Project Schedule
6. While You Run the Project
7. Working with Teams
8. Monitoring and Controlling Progress and Performance
9. Closing a Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.