Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Managing Resource-Constrained Projects with Microsoft Project.
- If you're a premium member of the lynda.com online training library, you have access to the exercise files used throughout this course. You'll find these files in the exercise files folder which I've placed on the desktop, but you can store it wherever you like. These files reside in subfolders named according to the chapters. If you're a monthly or annual subscriber to lynda.com, you have access to several free exercise files. Where I've already set up tasks, resources, and assignments for you.
That way you don't have to spend time creating those records. This course builds up the project from movie to movie so you can use these files to follow along. Let's get started!
Taught by expert project manager Bonnie Biafore, this course first shows how to create a resource plan to see if a project is feasible given the available resources. Then learn how to schedule project resources, assign them to tasks, check for overallocations, and resolve issues with techniques like substituting resources and extending and delaying tasks. Once the plan is established and work is ready to start, Bonnie shows how to execute the schedule by setting a baseline, entering actuals for the project, and recording overtime.
Note: This course was designed in collaboration with author John Riopel.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Developing a project resource plan
- Replacing and substituting resources
- Tracking down overallocations
- Assigning contractors to offload work
- Adding resources
- Leveling resources
- Recording project progress
- Assigning overtime