Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Timeline view, part of Microsoft Project 2010 Essential Training.
- Timeline View is great for…summarizing information about a project.…You can emphasize a few important tasks…or add key milestones as call outs.…Timeline View also provides an easy way…to adjust the dates in Projects primary view.…If you don't see the Timeline View,…head to the View tab and then turn on the Timeline checkbox.…That displays the timeline view above your main view.…I'm gonna point at the horizontal divider…and then drag down so I can see…a little bit more of the timeline.…
One of the things about the timeline is…you see just one single bar…with the start date of the project at the left end…and the finish date at the right end.…Then, you can add tasks to the timeline.…For example, you might highlight important summary tasks…or crucial milestones.…All you have to do is right-click a task…in the gantt chart and choose add to timeline.…I'm gonna right-click Finalize Lease…and then on the shortcut menu, choose add to timeline…and now I see a bar in the timeline for Finalize Lease.…
I'm gonna scroll down and do the…
- Setting up projects and calendars
- Creating tasks and milestones
- Linking and timing tasks
- Setting up and assigning resources
- Understanding duration, work, and units
- Filtering and grouping items with views
- Adding tasks to a baseline
- Updating progress and costs
- Viewing project status
- Running reports
- Importing and exporting projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Project
2. Setting Up Project Files
3. Creating Tasks
4. Linking and Timing tasks
5. Creating Resources
6. Assigning Tasks to Resources
7. Working with Views
8. Fine-Tuning the Project Schedule
9. Tracking and Managing a Project
10. Viewing and Reporting Project Information
11. Sharing Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.