Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Task Inspector to review scheduling issues, part of Microsoft Project 2010 Essential Training.
- Manually scheduled tasks are prone to schedule problems…because Project doesn't calculate their dates.…Red squiggly lines, like the ones for misspellings…in Microsoft Word, show potential schedule problems.…When you right-click a cell with a red squiggly line,…you can choose a command to correct the problem…or open the Task Inspector to see what's going on…and then choose the corrective action you want.…In this project, Present to management…has a schedule problem.…There's a red squiggly line underneath its Finish date.…
When we look at the Timescale,…we can see what the problem is.…There's a task link between Review requirements…and budget and Present to management.…And right now, this link is not working.…Review requirements is scheduled to occur…further out in the future than Present to management,…but they're linked together.…If you wanna see what your options are,…right-click the task.…So I'm gonna right-click Present to management.…And up at the top of the shortcut menu,…there are three options: Fix in Task Inspector,…
- Setting up projects and calendars
- Creating tasks and milestones
- Linking and timing tasks
- Setting up and assigning resources
- Understanding duration, work, and units
- Filtering and grouping items with views
- Adding tasks to a baseline
- Updating progress and costs
- Viewing project status
- Running reports
- Importing and exporting projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Project
2. Setting Up Project Files
3. Creating Tasks
4. Linking and Timing tasks
5. Creating Resources
6. Assigning Tasks to Resources
7. Working with Views
8. Fine-Tuning the Project Schedule
9. Tracking and Managing a Project
10. Viewing and Reporting Project Information
11. Sharing Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.