In this video, you see how to apply a calendar other than the Standard calendar to be a project's project calendar by selecting the calendar in the Project Information dialog box.
- [Instructor] Project automatically applies…the standard calendar from your global template…to new projects you create, and that's great,…because it means that as long as your projects…follow the work schedule that you've saved…in the standard calendar, you never have to apply…a project calendar to a new project.…However, if a project follows an unusual schedule,…you can assign a different calendar…as its project calendar.…To see how this works, let's create a blank project.…
I'm going to go to the File tab, and click New.…Then on the New page, I'm going to click Blank Project.…Suppose this project is performed in another country…and you want to translate their workday…into the times in your time zone.…We're going to use the three PM to 12 AM calendar…for this project.…I'm going to head to the Project tab,…and click Project Information.…In the Project Information dialog box,…there's a Calendar box where you can assign…the project calendar, and as you can see,…Project uses the Standard calendar initially.…
But we're going to change that.…
Next, Bonnie explains how to create shift calendars by setting work schedules for specific tasks and assigning schedules to resources. Then learn how to fine-tune project, task, and resource calendars, including biweekly schedules. Last, she covers working with multiple calendars, including copying and sharing custom calendars with all Project files and integrating multiple projects with different calendars into a single master Project file.
Note: This course was designed in collaboration with John Riopel.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Setting up your organization's calendar, including nonworking periods
- Coordinating calendars
- Creating a new shift calendar
- Assigning calendars to resources
- Customizing project, task, and resource calendars
- Working with multiple calendars in a master Project file