Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Updating the schedule, part of Microsoft® Project 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Updating your Project schedule is important,…but you have to be smart about collecting progress data.…That way, team members aren't overburdened…with status reporting, and you can update your schedule…without spending too much time.…If you're updating your schedule manually,…it's better to update tasks, not assignments.…That way, you have fewer updates to make,…and you'll have more time to spend…on other project management tasks.…I have a table that makes it easy to update tasks.…
I'm going to apply that to this view.…I head to the Select All Cells box…up at the top of the task ID column,…right-click, and then choose More Tables.…I scroll down to the bottom,…click Updates, and then click Apply.…I'm also gonna drag the vertical divider over to the right,…so I can see all of the columns in this table.…The first thing that you update in a task…is usually the Actual Start date,…that's why it's the first column here.…
Then, if you wanna track progress at the work day level,…you can enter Actual Duration and Remaining Duration.…
- Setting up projects and calendars
- Creating tasks and milestones
- Linking and timing tasks
- Setting up and assigning resources
- Understanding duration, work, and units
- Filtering and grouping items with views
- Adding tasks to a baseline
- Updating progress and costs
- Viewing project status
- Running reports
- Importing and exporting projects
Skill Level Beginner
Becoming a Triple-Threat Project Managerwith Bob McGannon27m 24s Appropriate for all
1. Working with Project
2. Setting Up Project Files
3. Creating Tasks
4. Linking and Timing tasks
5. Creating Resources
6. Assigning Tasks to Resources
7. Working with Views
8. Fine-Tuning the Project Schedule
9. Tracking and Managing a Project
10. Viewing and Reporting Project Information
11. Sharing Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.