This movie shows how to set the status date, and then apply a custom view and a filter to focus on assignments to update. Then it describes how to update the percentage of work that’s complete. The movie also explains how the % work complete field affects actual and remaining work.
- [Voiceover] Suppose a team member tells you…that 25% of their work is complete.…That probably isn't the level of detail you hoped for,…but if it's the best you're going to get at the moment,…the Percent Work Complete field is the answer.…If you've been following along,…we're going to use the same view as before.…We're going to start by checking our status date.…I head over to the Project tab…and look at the status date in the status section.…It's set to July 14th, 2017, which is what I want,…so we're good to go there.…
I also wanna use the task usage view.…If I look at the left side of the screen,…I can see the label Task Usage,…so I know that the view is applied.…I also wanna check the table.…Right click the top left cell of the table…and that shows the shortcut menu.…The check mark to the left of C_UpdateWork Table 1…tells me that the table that I want is already applied.…There's one last thing.…
Let's head to the View tab.…When I go to the View tab,…I can see that the filter is set to Incomplete Tasks.…One thing to keep in mind is that as you change things…
Note: This course was designed in collaboration with author John Riopel. It will show how to use Project to implement the skills taught in Project Management Fundamentals, Managing Project Budgets, and Agile Project Management with Microsoft Project. You can follow along with Project 2010, 2013, or 2016, using the free or premium versions of the exercise files.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Explain how to set up a custom view that can be modified.
- Recall the importance of setting a status state prior to reviewing or updating.
- Calculate the percentage of remaining work.
- Recognize the function of 4 keyboard shortcuts.
- Determine the steps to take when identifying an individual responsible for providing updates on a specific task in a custom view.
- Explain how to set up an Import Wizard for the first time.