This movie shows how to apply a custom view and a filter to focus on tasks to update. Then it explains how to update percent complete for incomplete tasks and how the percent complete field affects actual and remaining duration.
- [Voiceover] Earlier, we updated task duration…by filling in Actual Duration and Remaining Duration.…Another method is to fill in Percent Complete,…and, if necessary, Remaining Duration.…We wanna use the custom view that…we created earlier, c_UpdateDuration.…On the Task tab, when I click the bottom half…of the Gantt Chart button, I can see that I already…have that view applied.…The check mark to the left of its name…says that that's the view we're using.…
In addition, when I go to the View tab,…I already have the Incomplete Tasks filter applied,…so I'm only looking at incomplete tasks,…which is what I want.…That means the next thing we have to do,…is to change our status date for this particular update.…Head to the Project tab.…In the Status section, click the Calendar icon,…and in the Select Date box, click the down arrow.…That shows the month of June.…
To see July, click the blue right pointing triangle.…In the July calendar, click the new status date,…July 17th, and click OK.…The first thing I wanna do is…I wanna set task 13 to be done.…
Note: This course was designed in collaboration with author John Riopel. It will show how to use Project to implement the skills taught in Project Management Fundamentals, Managing Project Budgets, and Agile Project Management with Microsoft Project. You can follow along with Project 2010, 2013, or 2016, using the free or premium versions of the exercise files.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Explain how to set up a custom view that can be modified.
- Recall the importance of setting a status state prior to reviewing or updating.
- Calculate the percentage of remaining work.
- Recognize the function of 4 keyboard shortcuts.
- Determine the steps to take when identifying an individual responsible for providing updates on a specific task in a custom view.
- Explain how to set up an Import Wizard for the first time.