Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Updating costs, part of Microsoft Project 2010 Essential Training.
- When you enter actual values in Project,…the program takes care of calculating actual costs…for work and material resources.…But if you use cost resources,…you have to enter the actual cost for them.…I'm going to apply the Tracking Table to this view.…I go to the View tab,…click the Tables button,…and then choose Tracking.…I can see my task names.…I'm gonna drag the vertical divider…next to the task name column,…and now I can see my task names.…
Well, let's take a look…at the Prepare management presentation task.…First of all, down in the Task form,…I'm gonna right-click…and go back to Resources and Predecessors,…because I wanna see the original values…for this assignment.…The project manager is assigned to this task…for 10 hours of work,…over 25% units,…over five days.…The task is 50% done,…so we're gonna say…five hours of work have been complete.…The actual cost for this task…is $450.…
That makes sense, because it's five hours…at $90 per hour.…Project takes care of calculating the actual cost…based on the actual hours that have been completed.…
- Setting up projects and calendars
- Creating tasks and milestones
- Linking and timing tasks
- Setting up and assigning resources
- Understanding duration, work, and units
- Filtering and grouping items with views
- Adding tasks to a baseline
- Updating progress and costs
- Viewing project status
- Running reports
- Importing and exporting projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Project
2. Setting Up Project Files
3. Creating Tasks
4. Linking and Timing tasks
5. Creating Resources
6. Assigning Tasks to Resources
7. Working with Views
8. Fine-Tuning the Project Schedule
9. Tracking and Managing a Project
10. Viewing and Reporting Project Information
11. Sharing Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.