This movie explains how Project does not update actual values for cost resource when you update task duration or work. It describes how to display the Cost table in the Task Details Form and then enter a cost resource’s actual and remaining cost.
- [Voiceover] When you update Duration or Work,…Project doesn't update actual costs…for Assigned Cost Resources,…because they aren't connected to…Duration or Work in any way.…That means, you have to update those actual costs.…To see how this works, we're going to start by…changing our project status date.…On the Project tab, go to the Status section,…and click your current Status date.…In the Status Date dialogue box…I'm going to click the down arrow in the Select Date box.…
I want to change the Status Date to October 6, 2017.…Click the blue right-pointing triangle…until you see October.…Then you can click the date you want,…Friday, October 6th, and click Okay.…The task that we want to update…has the cost resource Furniture Vendor applied.…It's down near the bottom of the schedule.…I'm going to scroll down until I find that task.…It's called Install Furnishings and Equipment.…
I select that task in the table.…That way I can see information about it…in the Details pane in the Task Details form.…Notice that the project manager…
Note: This course was designed in collaboration with author John Riopel. It will show how to use Project to implement the skills taught in Project Management Fundamentals, Managing Project Budgets, and Agile Project Management with Microsoft Project. You can follow along with Project 2010, 2013, or 2016, using the free or premium versions of the exercise files.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Explain how to set up a custom view that can be modified.
- Recall the importance of setting a status state prior to reviewing or updating.
- Calculate the percentage of remaining work.
- Recognize the function of 4 keyboard shortcuts.
- Determine the steps to take when identifying an individual responsible for providing updates on a specific task in a custom view.
- Explain how to set up an Import Wizard for the first time.