This movie shows how to apply a custom view and a filter to view assignments to update. Then it explains how to update actual and remaining work in a table. It also shows how to display the Work table in the Task Details Form view and update work there.
- [Voiceover] When you assign…more than one resource to a task,…you might want to track the work…that each resource performs.…Updating work at the assignment level…gives you a detailed view of progress.…Before we start updating assignments,…let's change the status date…to the date for this particular update.…We're gonna head over to the project tab.…In the status section,…click the currently set status date.…Here it's June 30, 2017.…
When I click that icon,…in the status date dialogue box,…I can click the down arrow to see the calendar.…The status date I want is in July.…I'm gonna click this blue right pointing triangle…to get to July.…Then in the calendar, click the date that you want.…In this case, it's Friday, July 14.…When I click OK, now I have my status date set.…The next thing we're gonna do…is set up the view so we can see what we want.…
Because I'm working with assignments,…I'm gonna use the task usage view.…I can apply that…from the task tab or the view tab,…but the view tab is easier.…On the view tab, in the task view section,…
Note: This course was designed in collaboration with author John Riopel. It will show how to use Project to implement the skills taught in Project Management Fundamentals, Managing Project Budgets, and Agile Project Management with Microsoft Project. You can follow along with Project 2010, 2013, or 2016, using the free or premium versions of the exercise files.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Explain how to set up a custom view that can be modified.
- Recall the importance of setting a status state prior to reviewing or updating.
- Calculate the percentage of remaining work.
- Recognize the function of 4 keyboard shortcuts.
- Determine the steps to take when identifying an individual responsible for providing updates on a specific task in a custom view.
- Explain how to set up an Import Wizard for the first time.