Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding resources, part of Microsoft® Project 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Projects need resources, like people and equipment.…Resource availability and cost affect when tasks occur…and how much they cost.…You also might spend money on things like materials,…travel or training.…Project has different Resource types…to represent these different Resource categories.…The best place to see Resources is on the Resource Sheet.…Click the View tab, and then choose Resource Sheet.…The first type of resource is a Work resource.…
Those are resources that you assign by time,…like people and equipment.…How much time they have available and their work schedules…all factor into scheduling tasks in your project.…These Resources have cost, and it's cost per time unit.…So when you assign the Resources,…that's how Project calculates your labor costs…and your equipment costs.…You'll see how these fields work in other movies…on creating Resources.…The second type of Resource is a Material resource.…
These you assign by quantity, not time.…Think about it this way:…you're consuming these Materials in the course…
- Setting up projects and calendars
- Creating tasks and milestones
- Linking and timing tasks
- Setting up and assigning resources
- Understanding duration, work, and units
- Filtering and grouping items with views
- Adding tasks to a baseline
- Updating progress and costs
- Viewing project status
- Running reports
- Importing and exporting projects
Skill Level Beginner
Becoming a Triple-Threat Project Managerwith Bob McGannon27m 24s Appropriate for all
1. Working with Project
2. Setting Up Project Files
3. Creating Tasks
4. Linking and Timing tasks
5. Creating Resources
6. Assigning Tasks to Resources
7. Working with Views
8. Fine-Tuning the Project Schedule
9. Tracking and Managing a Project
10. Viewing and Reporting Project Information
11. Sharing Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.