Explore the overserved vs. the underserved market. Learn about concept development and strategic thinking, and explore a structured VOC or review as the basis for project requirements.
- [Instructor] Setting up a successful project…involves understanding who your customer is,…what they'll do with your product.…The challenge of this phase of the project is hard,…it's big.…There's many markets, there's many companies,…there's many individuals within those companies.…And we've all seen examples where the word…of one or two customers or the word of one…or two individuals has caused a company to overreach…and build a product that not very many people wanted,…and the business outcomes were bad.…
I've seen this firsthand.…So, the way that you overcome this is work…with your product manager, work with your quality manager…to define who it is that you're going to sell to…and know as much about them as possible,…starting with quality.…Quality is defined by the customer.…In the example here, I show some child software.…Well, obviously, the quality involved in…that child software is low, but the expense or the cost…of that child software is also low.…
The quality involved in the space shuttle is extremely high.…
- Hard skills and soft skills needed for program management
- Reporting and managing risk
- Phases of program management
- Understanding customers
- Running effective team meetings
- Working with partners
- Engineering, architecture, design, and code reviews
- Managing delivery and release
- Competitive analysis
- Measuring results
Skill Level Intermediate
Make IT Work in Your Businesswith Scott M Burrell1h 43m Intermediate
Cert Prep: SNCP Foundations (S10-110)with Hubbert Smith2h 21m Intermediate
1. Career in Program Management
Reporting and managing risk3m 46s
2. Concept Development: Project Phase 0
3. Plan and Scope: Project Phase 1
4. Development and Execution: Project Phase 2
5. Delivery and Release: Project Phase 3
6. Operate: Project Phase 4
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.