Learn how to get the most out of the members of your project team.
- The people who work on your project,…may be working with each other for the first time.…You know how it goes…when people are getting to know one another.…Work progresses in fits and starts…while folks learn how to work together.…To get high quality results…and more productivity from your people,…you have to help them develop…into a finely-tuned machine.…Like individuals, teams grow up through several stages,…before they're truly productive.…
Bruce Tuckman's…Forming, Storming, Norming and Performing,…Is one model that describes…the typical phases that teams go through.…The first team stage is called,…Forming,…because the individuals are just…starting to form into a team.…They aren't sure of their goal as a team…and they don't know who does what.…During the Forming stage…you have to clearly define the team's goals…and give them direction.…
Like other youngsters,…teams in the Forming stage…tend to resist and challenge authority.…So be prepared to answer their questions…and earn their respect.…The second stage is called…
Bonnie Biafore has always been fascinated by how things work and how to make things work better. In this course, she explains the fundamentals of project management, from defining the problem, establishing project goals and objectives, and building a project plan to managing team resources, meeting deadlines, and closing the project. Along the way, she provides tips for reporting on project performance, keeping a project on track, and gaining customer acceptance.
- Defining the components of a project
- What it takes to be a project manager
- Using project management software like Microsoft Project
- Managing project scope, budget, and schedule
- Managing project resources, including people
- Managing project risk
- Initiating a project
- Identifying and managing stakeholders
- Identifying requirements and deliverables
- Developing a project plan
- Building a project schedule
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Understanding the critical path
- Running the project
- Managing teams
- Monitoring performance
- Closing a project
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Project Management
2. Exploring Project Management Knowledge Areas
3. First Things First
How to develop requirements4m 19s
4. Developing a Project Plan
5. Building a Project Schedule
6. While You Run the Project
7. Working with Teams
8. Monitoring and Controlling Progress and Performance
9. Closing a Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.