identify the processes that make up project management from start to finish.
- [Voiceover] Project management can be categorized…into five groups of processes…that help guide a project successfully,…from beginning to end.…Here are project management's five process groups,…according to the Project Management Institute.…Initiating is all about getting the commitment…to start a project.…During this phase, you define the project,…and develop the initial scope,…an initial cost, and resource estimates.…You also identify the project stakeholders…and make sure they all share the same perception…of what the project is.…
From there, you go after approval to proceed.…Planning is where you figure out…how you're going to perform the project.…In essence, planning answers the questions…what are we going to do,…how are we going to do it,…and how will we know when we're done?…When the plan is complete,…it's time to obtain approval to launch the project.…The next two steps involve…putting your plan into action.…The executing process group starts…with launching the project.…
You bring your resources onboard,…
Bonnie Biafore has always been fascinated by how things work and how to make things work better. In this course, she explains the fundamentals of project management, from defining the problem, establishing project goals and objectives, and building a project plan to managing team resources, meeting deadlines, and closing the project. Along the way, she provides tips for reporting on project performance, keeping a project on track, and gaining customer acceptance.
- Defining the components of a project
- What it takes to be a project manager
- Using project management software like Microsoft Project
- Managing project scope, budget, and schedule
- Managing project resources, including people
- Managing project risk
- Initiating a project
- Identifying and managing stakeholders
- Identifying requirements and deliverables
- Developing a project plan
- Building a project schedule
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Understanding the critical path
- Running the project
- Managing teams
- Monitoring performance
- Closing a project
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Project Management
2. Exploring Project Management Knowledge Areas
3. First Things First
How to develop requirements4m 19s
4. Developing a Project Plan
5. Building a Project Schedule
6. While You Run the Project
7. Working with Teams
8. Monitoring and Controlling Progress and Performance
9. Closing a Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.