Join John Riopel for an in-depth discussion in this video Tracking deadlines with formatted taskbars, part of Managing Time-Constrained Projects with Microsoft Project.
- In Microsoft Project we created deadlines…for various tasks in our project file…like Task ID number 6 as well as 21.…And as you can see, those deadlines, some occur…before the current finish date,…and some occur after the current finish date.…Since we'd like to be able to review…all of the deadlines on a single line,…we'd like to roll them up to our project summary line.…To do this, we're going to move our Gantt separator…over to the right of our Duration column…and we'll change the bar styles…by right-clicking in the Gantt area…and selecting Bar Styles.…
We'll insert a new Bar Style type in this list…that Microsoft Project reads from top to bottom.…So we'll select the Rolled Up Split option…and insert a row above that…and name our new row…Rolled Up Deadlines.…We'd like that to display a new bar style…but we don't want a long bar for it.…So we'll change the shape to a blank shape…and in the end area, since this is a finish date,…we'll select a straight arrow that points down.…
We'll change the color of that particular arrow…
Note: This course was designed in collaboration with author Bonnie Biafore.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Determine the duration of a milestone.
- Explain how to add a lead to a task.
- Identify the difference between a deadline and a constraint.
- Recognize how to put tasks in sequence.
- Recall how to overlap two tasks.
- Explain how to change the available working time for a task.