Learn about the steps of storming, forming, norming, and performing.
- [Narrator] Team growing pains.…Teams are made of people,…human beings with relationships,…and every team grows and changes.…Essentially, people need a place,…and they need a purpose,…and projects can often provide that for them.…A project can be the place,…and their purpose within the project…can be the fulfilling experience for them.…So part of your job in your soft-skills world…as program managers is to paint the picture of success,…and essentially paint the picture with them in the picture.…Show that success and show…how they contribute to the success.…
This is an ongoing way to encourage buy-in,…to encourage favorable behavior,…and encourage going that extra mile.…We're in phase zero in this discussion,…so we're talking about brand-new teams.…Now what's important to identify team problems,…most teams go through the states of storming,…forming, norming, and performing.…Actually there's studies on this,…business studies that talk in this vocabulary.…But for phase zero, we're talking primarily…about storming and forming.…
- Hard skills and soft skills needed for program management
- Reporting and managing risk
- Phases of program management
- Understanding customers
- Running effective team meetings
- Working with partners
- Engineering, architecture, design, and code reviews
- Managing delivery and release
- Competitive analysis
- Measuring results
Skill Level Intermediate
Big Data Foundations: Program Managementwith Alan Simon1h 11m Intermediate
Make IT Work in Your Businesswith Scott M Burrell1h 43m Intermediate
Cert Prep: SNCP Foundations (S10-110)with Hubbert Smith2h 21m Intermediate
1. Career in Program Management
Reporting and managing risk3m 46s
2. Concept Development: Project Phase 0
3. Plan and Scope: Project Phase 1
4. Development and Execution: Project Phase 2
5. Delivery and Release: Project Phase 3
6. Operate: Project Phase 4
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.