Switch graph from tasks to resources
- Management's decided that during review…of their cost overview report,…they'd like to look at resource allocation…instead of task level data.…On the bottom section of this report,…we had a requirements design and deploy,…which is our summary-level data.…It includes our actual costs, baseline costs,…and of course, a cost variance.…Also, next to that, is a chart, Cost Status element.…That Cost Status chart is where they would like to see…the resource allocation piece.…
So I'm going to right-click on that chart,…and as I do, I see the field list that shows up.…I want to modify this…from task side fields to resource side fields,…so I'm going to select the resource side element.…Now, as I do that, the chart modifies to the resource piece.…I would like to filter that by the over-allocated resources…since that's what they've communicated…they would like to have,…and we change the filter to over-allocated resources.…
Now, in the size of this particular chart,…I want to expand it just a little bit,…make it a little larger.…
Note: This course was designed in collaboration with author Bonnie Biafore. You can follow along with this course using Microsoft Project 2010, 2013, or 2016 and either the free or premium versions of the exercise files.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Working with the Report Designer
- Editing templates
- Building resource and team member reports
- Inserting graphs and charts
- Building executive management reports
- Developing a report center
- Creating a milestone dashboard