Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Switching between manual and automatic scheduling, part of Microsoft Project 2010 Essential Training.
- A project can have both manually…and automatically scheduled tasks.…You can tell Project which mode you wanna use…for new tasks at any time.…And you can also switch the task mode for existing tasks.…To set the mode for new tasks, head down to the status bar…and at the bottom left, click the button, New Tasks,…and then choose the mode you want.…In this case, I'm gonna select Auto Scheduled.…Now, all new tasks that I create will be Auto Scheduled.…
Well, let's create a task.…I click the first blank Task Name cell,…and then I name the task,…I'm gonna call it Start Construction, and press Enter.…In the Task Mode cell, the icon…for an Auto Scheduled task appears.…So the task is automatically scheduled.…Now, there's another place that you can set the mode…that's used for new tasks, and that's with Project Options.…To do that, go to the File tab and then click Options.…
Then, in the Project Options dialogue box,…go to the Schedule category.…And you wanna go to the section,…Scheduling options for this project.…The first box is for new tasks created.…
- Setting up projects and calendars
- Creating tasks and milestones
- Linking and timing tasks
- Setting up and assigning resources
- Understanding duration, work, and units
- Filtering and grouping items with views
- Adding tasks to a baseline
- Updating progress and costs
- Viewing project status
- Running reports
- Importing and exporting projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Project
2. Setting Up Project Files
3. Creating Tasks
4. Linking and Timing tasks
5. Creating Resources
6. Assigning Tasks to Resources
7. Working with Views
8. Fine-Tuning the Project Schedule
9. Tracking and Managing a Project
10. Viewing and Reporting Project Information
11. Sharing Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.