Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Summary, part of Modeling Work Schedules with Calendars in Microsoft Project.
- [Narrator] That's our in-depth tour…of using calendars in Project.…You've seen how to set up calendars…that projects use to schedule work.…We've modified the built-in standard calendar…to reflect your organization's holidays,…other non-working time and work weeks.…We've also changed calendar options…to match the standard calendar…and then saved that calendar and calendar options…to use in new projects.…You've also seen how to create additional calendars…and assign them to projects, resources, and even some tasks.…
We set up a calendar that repeats over a period…longer than one week.…Finally, we explored working with multiple calendars.…We copied our custom calendars into the global template,…so they're available to new projects…and we experimented with working…with multiple project files,…each using different project calendars and calendar options.…With this experience under your belt,…go ahead and use calendars in Microsoft Project…to schedule when work occurs.…
Next, Bonnie explains how to create shift calendars by setting work schedules for specific tasks and assigning schedules to resources. Then learn how to fine-tune project, task, and resource calendars, including biweekly schedules. Last, she covers working with multiple calendars, including copying and sharing custom calendars with all Project files and integrating multiple projects with different calendars into a single master Project file.
Note: This course was designed in collaboration with John Riopel.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Setting up your organization's calendar, including nonworking periods
- Coordinating calendars
- Creating a new shift calendar
- Assigning calendars to resources
- Customizing project, task, and resource calendars
- Working with multiple calendars in a master Project file