Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Sorting tasks and resources, part of Microsoft Project 2010 Essential Training.
- Your address book is usually in alphabetical order,…so it's easy to find people.…You can sort tasks and resources…in Project for the same reason.…You might sort tasks by WBS code while you're planning…or by duration when you're looking at tasks to shorten.…If you're going to sort your tasks,…it's better to look at your task list…without the summary tasks.…To do that go to the Format tab,…and then in the Show Hide section…turn off Summary Tasks,…and if you have it turned on,…also turn off Project Summary Task.…
Now your task list just has your work tasks.…When you're ready to sort go back to the View tab…and click the Sort button.…There are a few built in sorts that you can choose…right from the drop down menu.…For example, if you want to sort by start date,…choose By Start Date,…and then you'll see the earliest tasks first…and then later tasks later.…On the other hand, if you're on a cost cutting initiative,…click the Sort button and choose By Cost.…That way the big ticket items are at the top,…and the ones that are less expensive are at the bottom.…
- Setting up projects and calendars
- Creating tasks and milestones
- Linking and timing tasks
- Setting up and assigning resources
- Understanding duration, work, and units
- Filtering and grouping items with views
- Adding tasks to a baseline
- Updating progress and costs
- Viewing project status
- Running reports
- Importing and exporting projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Project
2. Setting Up Project Files
3. Creating Tasks
4. Linking and Timing tasks
5. Creating Resources
6. Assigning Tasks to Resources
7. Working with Views
8. Fine-Tuning the Project Schedule
9. Tracking and Managing a Project
10. Viewing and Reporting Project Information
11. Sharing Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.