Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up a view to see features assigned to releases and sprints, part of Agile Project Management with Microsoft Project.
- View Offline
- As you manage the product backlog,…it's helpful to see the releases and sprints…that features are assigned to.…That way, you can take their feature points…and priorities into account…when you assign features to sprints.…We're gonna create this new view…using the feature list view as a foundation.…I'm already on the View tab,…so I'm gonna click the bottom half…of the Gantt Chart button,…and on the drop-down menu, choose Save View.…Because I have a custom view displayed,…there are two options in the Save View dialog box.…
The first one is to update the current view…with a new definition.…But we wanna save a new view,…so I'm gonna keep that second option,…Save as a New View, selected,…and in the name box, I just type…the name of the New View.…And we're gonna call it Product Backlog.…When I click OK,…I see the View Name change…over on the left side of the screen.…Also, if I click the Tables button,…up on the View tab,…I now have a new custom table,…Product Backlog Table 1.…
As it turns out, the table is fine as it is.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Setting project options
- Defining working time
- Setting up custom fields and views
- Creating tasks
- Assigning features to sprints
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Tracking progress
- Generating a burndown report