Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting task date constraints, part of Microsoft® Project 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Most of the time you want Project…to calculate the schedule,…but sometimes tasks need to occur on specific dates…or have other kinds of date restrictions.…Manually-scheduled tasks, discussed in other movies,…let you specify when a task starts and finishes.…Date constraints are another Project feature…that let you specify when tasks start or finish,…but they have varying degrees of flexibility.…First of all, keep in mind every task…comes with some kind of date constraint.…
Let me show you what I mean.…First thing I'm do is, I'm gonna drag…this vertical divider over to the right a little bit.…Then I'm gonna right-click the Start heading…and choose Insert Column.…I start to type "constraint," and when I see…"constraint type," I click that…to add the Constraint Type column.…Now I'm gonna drag that vertical divider…between the two headings so I can see…what the constraint types are.…By default the constraint type is as soon as possible.…That's completely flexible, but it is a constraint.…
This constraint, "as soon as possible,"…
- Setting up projects and calendars
- Creating tasks and milestones
- Linking and timing tasks
- Setting up and assigning resources
- Understanding duration, work, and units
- Filtering and grouping items with views
- Adding tasks to a baseline
- Updating progress and costs
- Viewing project status
- Running reports
- Importing and exporting projects
Skill Level Beginner
Becoming a Triple-Threat Project Managerwith Bob McGannon27m 24s Appropriate for all
1. Working with Project
2. Setting Up Project Files
3. Creating Tasks
4. Linking and Timing tasks
5. Creating Resources
6. Assigning Tasks to Resources
7. Working with Views
8. Fine-Tuning the Project Schedule
9. Tracking and Managing a Project
10. Viewing and Reporting Project Information
11. Sharing Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.