Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting basic options, part of Microsoft Project 2010 Essential Training.
- Like other programs, Project comes with options…you can set to tell it how you want it to work.…Many of the default settings work for most people,…but there are a few that you might…want to change right away.…To get to Project Options, go to…the File tab, and then click Options.…That opens up the Project Options dialogue box…and it goes first to the General category.…The first thing to check is your User Name and Initials.…If you want to make any changes, go ahead and make those.…The other setting you might want to change is Date format.…
When you click the Down arrow, there are…a lot of different formats that you can choose.…I typically like to use a fairly short date format,…so I use Month, Day and Year.…But the great thing is, you can change it back and forth.…If you need more space, use a shorter format,…or if you need to see the days of the week or the times,…you can change that temporarily.…The next category is Save.…The first box is "Save files in this format,"…and it's initially set to the project MPP file.…
- Setting up projects and calendars
- Creating tasks and milestones
- Linking and timing tasks
- Setting up and assigning resources
- Understanding duration, work, and units
- Filtering and grouping items with views
- Adding tasks to a baseline
- Updating progress and costs
- Viewing project status
- Running reports
- Importing and exporting projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Project
2. Setting Up Project Files
3. Creating Tasks
4. Linking and Timing tasks
5. Creating Resources
6. Assigning Tasks to Resources
7. Working with Views
8. Fine-Tuning the Project Schedule
9. Tracking and Managing a Project
10. Viewing and Reporting Project Information
11. Sharing Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.