Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting Project options, part of Agile Project Management with Microsoft Project.
- When you're managing an Agile Project,…setting a few project options can make your work easier.…To get to those options, we're gonna head to the file tab,…and down at the bottom on the left-hand side click options.…In the project options dialogue box,…you want the schedule category.…When you select that, scroll down until you can see…scheduling options for this project.…The first object to check is "New Task Created."…If it's set to "Manually Scheduled," click that down arrow…and choose "Auto Scheduled" instead.…
The next option is "Default Task Type."…We're gonna change that to "Fixed Duration."…Remember, an Agile Project's features are…estimated using points, not effort.…You don't have to assign resources to…feature tasks if you don't want to,…because the team manages itself.…For that reason, duration is the value…you wanna keep the same on feature tasks.…Besides, you can change task type…anytime you want in the task form.…If necessary, be sure to turn off the check box…for "Autolink Inserted or Moved Tasks."…
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Setting project options
- Defining working time
- Setting up custom fields and views
- Creating tasks
- Assigning features to sprints
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Tracking progress
- Generating a burndown report
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 08/30/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover agile with the Project Online desktop client, including the different agile tools that are built into Project Online.