This video shows how to copy a modified Standard calendar from an active Project file into the Project global template, so the calendar is available to all new projects.
- When you revise the standard calendar,…Projects saves the revised calendar in your active project.…That's great, but if you want to use the modified calendar…in future projects, you have to save that calendar…to your global template, and here's how you do that.…We're going to go to the file tab…and on the info page that appears, click organizer.…That opens up the organizer dialogue box.…
Because we're working with calendars,…you want to click the calendars tab.…In the organizer, on the left hand side,…it says Global.MTP…and down at the bottom, the calendars available in…says Global.MTP.…Now remember, that's your project global template,…and that means that out of the box,…we have three calendars, 24 hours, night shift, and standard…and that's the eight to five work day standard calendar…that comes with Project.…
On the right side, we've got calendars available in…and it shows our active project.…There is a copy of the standard calendar…because we've revised it to add holidays,…other non-working exceptions,…as well as a revised work week.…
Next, Bonnie explains how to create shift calendars by setting work schedules for specific tasks and assigning schedules to resources. Then learn how to fine-tune project, task, and resource calendars, including biweekly schedules. Last, she covers working with multiple calendars, including copying and sharing custom calendars with all Project files and integrating multiple projects with different calendars into a single master Project file.
Note: This course was designed in collaboration with John Riopel.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Setting up your organization's calendar, including nonworking periods
- Coordinating calendars
- Creating a new shift calendar
- Assigning calendars to resources
- Customizing project, task, and resource calendars
- Working with multiple calendars in a master Project file