This covers using how an explanation on existing templates that are supplied with the Microsoft Project Application and we review the Baseline Report (US) in Visio and the Baseline Cost Report in Excel
- Let's take a moment to understand…some of the reports that come with the product…and how to use the visual reports dialog.…In Microsoft Project, we'll go to the Report ribbon,…and under the Report ribbon, we'll select Visual Reports.…Now on the Visual Reports dialog box,…we have Microsoft Excel and Visio…reporting options and templates.…These reporting templates are installed…when the application for that particular item…is installed in Office.…So if you're missing the Visio reports…on your list, you'll have to install Visio,…and then they will show up.…
Now, each report is broken up into various tabs.…"All" which covers all of the reports…that are available within the tool set,…and each of the tabs related to the field types…that might be associated with that type of report.…Either Task Summary or Task Usage…will get us task information, either at the detail level…for task usage, or at the summary lines for task summary.…The same is true of Resource Summary and Resource Usage.…This will be for resource level data.…
NOTE: This course was designed in collaboration with Bonnie Biafore. The techniques shown work equally well with Microsoft Project 2010, 2013, and 2016.
- Explain how to edit a report template.
- Recall how to insert a graph into a visual Excel template.
- Recognize the steps to take in order to add additional functionality into a Visio WBS diagram.
- Determine the steps to expand on a data set in an Excel report.
- Identify three PivotChart tools.