Explore conducting single discipline meetings, including engineering, tech pubs, training, manufacturing, QA, sales, and marketing.
- [Instructor] Here, we're going to go through the exercise…of setting a schedule.…And I've used this simple example…to help you understand the vocabulary and help you…to understand the thought process.…We're going to make some breakfast.…We're going to brew some coffee, we're going to cook some eggs,…we're going to cook some bacon.…We're going to serve some juice, and we're going to set a table.…In this case, you start the bacon after you finish the eggs,…you're going to have cold eggs,…so that's not a great project plan.…Here's a better plan.…Recognize, the bacon is the longest duration task.…So, in project management speak, that's critical path.…
Start the bacon first.…Start the coffee next, that's the next longest thing.…Start the eggs so that the eggs finish cooking right…at the same time the bacon finishes cooking.…Pour the juice, set the table.…This is an obvious example, but it helps you to understand…some of the vocabulary and some of the thought process.…So doing this…with a large project, setting the schedule is problematic.…
- Hard skills and soft skills needed for program management
- Reporting and managing risk
- Phases of program management
- Understanding customers
- Running effective team meetings
- Working with partners
- Engineering, architecture, design, and code reviews
- Managing delivery and release
- Competitive analysis
- Measuring results
Skill Level Intermediate
Make IT Work in Your Businesswith Scott M Burrell1h 43m Intermediate
Cert Prep: SNCP Foundations (S10-110)with Hubbert Smith2h 21m Intermediate
1. Career in Program Management
Reporting and managing risk3m 46s
2. Concept Development: Project Phase 0
3. Plan and Scope: Project Phase 1
4. Development and Execution: Project Phase 2
5. Delivery and Release: Project Phase 3
6. Operate: Project Phase 4
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.