Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Saving to other formats, part of Microsoft Project 2010 Essential Training.
- Most of the time, you save a Project file…with a quick file save command…by pressing ctrl s,…but you can save Project files to other formats…such as earlier Project versions,…as a template or an Excel file…or comma delimited file.…You can also save files with special options…like creating a backup copy…or adding a password.…When you wanna save to a different format,…go to the File tab,…then click Save As.…Now in this case, I'm gonna save the file…to my Exercise Files folder for Chapter 11.…
What I wanna do is I wanna save it…to an earlier version of Project…for some colleagues of mine.…So in the Save as type box, below the table,…I click the down arrow and then choose…the version that I want.…Now, to make it very clear,…I'm gonna add 2003 into the filename.…Then I click Save.…A dialog box comes up and it warns about…unsupported features in that earlier version,…but if you wanna go ahead and save the file,…click Continue.…
Then, a second box comes up.…If you really do wanna save in that earlier version,…click OK.…And now you have a file in an earlier version of Project.…
- Setting up projects and calendars
- Creating tasks and milestones
- Linking and timing tasks
- Setting up and assigning resources
- Understanding duration, work, and units
- Filtering and grouping items with views
- Adding tasks to a baseline
- Updating progress and costs
- Viewing project status
- Running reports
- Importing and exporting projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Project
2. Setting Up Project Files
3. Creating Tasks
4. Linking and Timing tasks
5. Creating Resources
6. Assigning Tasks to Resources
7. Working with Views
8. Fine-Tuning the Project Schedule
9. Tracking and Managing a Project
10. Viewing and Reporting Project Information
11. Sharing Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.