Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Saving and clearing a baseline, part of Microsoft Project 2010 Essential Training.
- When the customer, or stakeholders,…approve your project plan, your next step is…to save the baseline in project.…You can also save additional baselines at later dates.…For example, to record significant changes,…or to track trends in project performance.…If you don't need a baseline anymore,…you can clear it to remove it's values.…Before you save a baseline, make sure…that your schedule has everything in it,…and it's the way you want it to be.…Once you've gotten past that hurdle,…go to the project tab, and click set baseline.…
On the drop down menu, choose set baseline.…In the set baseline dialog box, that first option,…set baseline, is selected, that's what you want,…and if it's your first baseline,…project already has baseline selected,…and in the for section, entire project is selected.…Well, that's exactly what you want.…So, go ahead and click ok.…When you do that, project saves the values…for start dates, finish dates, duration,…work, cost, and so on.…
I'm gonna right click the select all cells box,…and then choose the variance table,…
- Setting up projects and calendars
- Creating tasks and milestones
- Linking and timing tasks
- Setting up and assigning resources
- Understanding duration, work, and units
- Filtering and grouping items with views
- Adding tasks to a baseline
- Updating progress and costs
- Viewing project status
- Running reports
- Importing and exporting projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Project
2. Setting Up Project Files
3. Creating Tasks
4. Linking and Timing tasks
5. Creating Resources
6. Assigning Tasks to Resources
7. Working with Views
8. Fine-Tuning the Project Schedule
9. Tracking and Managing a Project
10. Viewing and Reporting Project Information
11. Sharing Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.