Learn about preparing your sales to sell efficiently. Managing sales-related risk, salesforce apathy, and sales training are all keys to success.
- [Instructor] Let's now move to working with sales.…This is not the natural inclination…for most program managers…and they tend to lean toward engineering and so forth.…But working with sales is essential…to achieve product success.…And product success is the thing that funds…your next bigger program,…so pay attention to it, it's important.…Sales apathy is a huge program risk.…I've seen many times personally,…products get launched and sales people…just kind of shrug and wonder away.…So understanding if there is a situation…where sales apathy creates…a lack of sales performance is your job.…
So in a sense, sales is your customer, engage them.…Sell to the sales force, earn their business,…and help them get their quota.…If you have a blunt conversation…about does this help your quota…and how does it help your quota,…you will uncover if you are aligned…or if you are misaligned.…And if there's misalignment,…it's important for you to know early…so that you can get it straighten out.…And there are all sorts of tools that you can use…
- Hard skills and soft skills needed for program management
- Reporting and managing risk
- Phases of program management
- Understanding customers
- Running effective team meetings
- Working with partners
- Engineering, architecture, design, and code reviews
- Managing delivery and release
- Competitive analysis
- Measuring results
Skill Level Intermediate
Big Data Foundations: Program Managementwith Alan Simon1h 11m Intermediate
Make IT Work in Your Businesswith Scott M Burrell1h 43m Intermediate
Cert Prep: SNCP Foundations (S10-110)with Hubbert Smith2h 21m Intermediate
1. Career in Program Management
Reporting and managing risk3m 46s
2. Concept Development: Project Phase 0
3. Plan and Scope: Project Phase 1
4. Development and Execution: Project Phase 2
5. Delivery and Release: Project Phase 3
6. Operate: Project Phase 4
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.