Explore soft skills, which give people room to contribute and is not about you. Learn how to frame the problem and then dive into a solution. Begin capturing progress and actions, while avoiding circular conversations.
- [Instructor] Working together in phase 0,…to do anything of substance takes a team.…To do anything of substance takes a very clear plan…for a project.…Clear projects succeed, unclear projects fail.…Clear plans for projects require us…to define project success criteria.…At a high-level, that simply can be…how much are we going to spend and what are we going to get.…At a more detailed level, it will be more detailed.…Last thing to work together on a phase 0…is to avoid the bungee teammate…and confirm that you have a committed team for the duration.…
And ask them, ask in point blank.…Are you here for the duration?…If they're not, then that's a problem…that you can tackle offline.…The successful conclusion of phase 0…is a clear plan of record ready for phase 1,…that's the engineering scoping phase.…So, please along the way during phase 0,…paint the picture of success…and do what takes you from phase 0 into phase 1.…Phase 0, by definition, means…that we are doing team formation.…And it's challenging because it's murky,…
- Hard skills and soft skills needed for program management
- Reporting and managing risk
- Phases of program management
- Understanding customers
- Running effective team meetings
- Working with partners
- Engineering, architecture, design, and code reviews
- Managing delivery and release
- Competitive analysis
- Measuring results
Skill Level Intermediate
Big Data Foundations: Program Managementwith Alan Simon1h 11m Intermediate
Make IT Work in Your Businesswith Scott M Burrell1h 43m Intermediate
Cert Prep: SNCP Foundations (S10-110)with Hubbert Smith2h 21m Intermediate
1. Career in Program Management
Reporting and managing risk3m 46s
2. Concept Development: Project Phase 0
3. Plan and Scope: Project Phase 1
4. Development and Execution: Project Phase 2
5. Delivery and Release: Project Phase 3
6. Operate: Project Phase 4
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.