This video shows how to take the finance code that was built as a custom field and make it roll down to each resource assignment.
- [Instructor] In a previous video,…we created a finance code custom lookup field.…This field was used to flag each task in our project…and how it reported to the finance structure.…We would like to roll down each finance code value now…to their specific assignment,…so we want to go to the Task Usage view…so that we can review assignment level information.…And on the Task Usage view,…we can expand the Task Name column to see…each and every assignment value.…
If we insert our finance code,…we should be able to see which assignments belong…to which tasks.…So I'm going to right click on the Work column…and add in, by clicking on the "F" on my keyboard,…my finance code.…Here you can see that the task has the finance code…that's been assigned to it,…but it hasn't been rolled down to each assignment level…within the project.…So to do that, we're going to right click…on the Finance column, select Custom Fields,…and then select Roll Down Unless Manually Entered.…
This will allow us to bring the information right down…to each of the actual assignees in this particular view.…
Note: This course was designed in collaboration with Bonnie Biafore.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Touring custom field categories
- Working with enterprise fields
- Creating lookup tables
- Choosing custom fields
- Using custom fields to edit built-in fields
- Importing fields and formulas
- Creating formulas to edit text based on other fields
- Creating graphical indicators
- Choosing effective indicators
- Importing indicator criteria