Learn about tracking and risk management. Explore how to find out about a problem and determine when there is time to fix it.
- [Instructor] Here we review risk management…in the engineering phase.…Think of risk management as a team activity,…that you'll get with a team…and you will identify a number of risks.…Just simply whiteboard and talk them through it…during a team meeting or have them whiteboard for you…what the various risks are.…In here we have some abstract risks listed out,…risks one through four.…The first one is low impact and low probability,…and it's fine to ignore that.…No need to change the plan of record.…
In this case, not even any need to monitor it.…Risk number two is high impact but very low probability.…Think probability of getting hit by a comet.…It's really bad if that happens…but it's pretty much not going to happen,…although it is possible.…So this one we also, as a team, chosen to ignore.…We may alternatively choose to monitor this risk…to see if it manifests itself in enough substance…to change the plan.…But in this case it is high impact,…but it's very low probability,…so we've chosen to ignore it.…
Risk three is high impact but medium priority.…
- Hard skills and soft skills needed for program management
- Reporting and managing risk
- Phases of program management
- Understanding customers
- Running effective team meetings
- Working with partners
- Engineering, architecture, design, and code reviews
- Managing delivery and release
- Competitive analysis
- Measuring results
Skill Level Intermediate
Make IT Work in Your Businesswith Scott M Burrell1h 43m Intermediate
Cert Prep: SNCP Foundations (S10-110)with Hubbert Smith2h 21m Intermediate
Big Data Foundations: Program Managementwith Alan Simon1h 11m Intermediate
1. Career in Program Management
Reporting and managing risk3m 46s
2. Concept Development: Project Phase 0
3. Plan and Scope: Project Phase 1
4. Development and Execution: Project Phase 2
5. Delivery and Release: Project Phase 3
6. Operate: Project Phase 4
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.