Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Rescheduling unfinished work, part of Microsoft Project 2010 Essential Training.
- Every so often you need a way…to record progress and quickly reschedule incomplete work.…For example, your project was put on hold for a few months…and you wanna reschedule the unfinished work…now that you've gotten the okay to continue.…To do that, go to the Project tab…and in the Status section click Update Project.…In the Update Project dialogue box,…select the second option, Reschedule…uncompleted work to start after.…Then you put in the date…that you're gonna restart your work.…
We'll say it's 1/11/2016.…The Entire project option is selected,…and that's what you want, because you want…all of the uncompleted work to start after 1/11.…Go ahead and click OK.…If you look at the timeline, you can see…the dotted lines that means that Project…added delays and splits to your tasks.…So let's take a look at what happened.…First we're gonna look at Finalize lease.…Then I'm gonna scroll over a little bit in the timescale.…
Well, Finalize lease was mostly done,…but now the bid that was left to be done…is scheduled for 1/11.…
- Setting up projects and calendars
- Creating tasks and milestones
- Linking and timing tasks
- Setting up and assigning resources
- Understanding duration, work, and units
- Filtering and grouping items with views
- Adding tasks to a baseline
- Updating progress and costs
- Viewing project status
- Running reports
- Importing and exporting projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Project
2. Setting Up Project Files
3. Creating Tasks
4. Linking and Timing tasks
5. Creating Resources
6. Assigning Tasks to Resources
7. Working with Views
8. Fine-Tuning the Project Schedule
9. Tracking and Managing a Project
10. Viewing and Reporting Project Information
11. Sharing Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.