This movie describes how to describe incomplete tasks to reflect a project-wide delay. It begins by setting the status date to the date when work resumes. Then, it explains how to move incomplete parts of tasks to start after the status date.
- [Voiceover] Suppose your project gets put on hold…for a period of time.…For example, the business owner questions…why she's doing this project at all,…and stops everything while she makes up her mind.…Once she regains her confidence,…you need to reschedule all incomplete work…to reflect the delay.…The first thing I want to do is hide the task details form,…so I can focus on my task list.…To do that, on the Task tab,…head over to the Properties section…at the right end of the ribbon,…and click the Details button.…
That hides the Details pane with the Task Details form.…The next thing we're going to do,…is we're going to focus on one task, Task 13,…and we're gonna update that to mark it…as according to schedule.…When I go to the Project tab and I look at the Status Date,…the Status Date is June 16th, 2017,…which is what we've been using so far.…Well, I want to update Task 13…as running according to schedule as of June 16th.…
To do that, and we've done this before,…I'm gonna select that task in the task list,…then I'm gonna go up to the Task tab.…
Note: This course was designed in collaboration with author John Riopel. It will show how to use Project to implement the skills taught in Project Management Fundamentals, Managing Project Budgets, and Agile Project Management with Microsoft Project. You can follow along with Project 2010, 2013, or 2016, using the free or premium versions of the exercise files.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Explain how to set up a custom view that can be modified.
- Recall the importance of setting a status state prior to reviewing or updating.
- Calculate the percentage of remaining work.
- Recognize the function of 4 keyboard shortcuts.
- Determine the steps to take when identifying an individual responsible for providing updates on a specific task in a custom view.
- Explain how to set up an Import Wizard for the first time.