Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Replacing resources on a task, part of Microsoft Project 2010 Essential Training.
- Replacing resources on a task…is helpful in several situations.…If you assign generic resources at first, you can…replace them with actual names when you know who they are.…If people are over-allocated, substituting them…with someone else is one way to correct the problem.…Or you might replace someone because…they get sick or are no longer available.…The assigned resources dialogue box…is one place where you can replace resources.…Go to the resource tab and click assign resources.…
That opens up the assigned resources dialogue box.…I'm gonna select the identify additional costs task,…and when I do that in the assigned resources dialogue box…I see that the project manager is assigned.…The other thing is in the indicators column in the table,…there's a red person and that means…that a resource is over-allocated.…So let's say I'm gonna replace the project manager…on this task, to get rid of that over-allocation.…
In the assigned resources dialogue box I select…the project manager, and then click the replace button.…
- Setting up projects and calendars
- Creating tasks and milestones
- Linking and timing tasks
- Setting up and assigning resources
- Understanding duration, work, and units
- Filtering and grouping items with views
- Adding tasks to a baseline
- Updating progress and costs
- Viewing project status
- Running reports
- Importing and exporting projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Project
2. Setting Up Project Files
3. Creating Tasks
4. Linking and Timing tasks
5. Creating Resources
6. Assigning Tasks to Resources
7. Working with Views
8. Fine-Tuning the Project Schedule
9. Tracking and Managing a Project
10. Viewing and Reporting Project Information
11. Sharing Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.