Learn how to replace a task that represents a proposed project with the project's schedule.
- [Instructor] The Project portfolio includes…individual tasks that represent proposed projects.…What you do when you develop a project schedule…for one of those proposed projects?…Easy.…You insert the new project schedule as a subproject…and delete the individual task.…To do that, we're going to switch back…to our Selection Dashboard View, click the bottom half…of the Gantt chart button, and in the custom section,…choose Selection Dashboard.…
Now, let's say that we now have a schedule for Project Four.…What we want to do is insert that schedule as a subproject.…I'm going to click the first blank line in the table.…I'm going to head to the Project tab,…and then in the insert section, which is at the left side…of the ribbon, click subproject.…That opens up the Insert Project dialog box,…and I have to select the file that I want to insert.…In this case, it's 0501_replacement.…
Then, at the bottom right, click Insert.…Now I have my project inserted as a subproject.…Notice that there's no value in the InPortfolio cell,…
- Recall how to define custom fields to create a risk score for a project.
- Explain the advantages of using generic resources.
- Recognize the steps to take to determine resource availability for a project.
- Explain how to view a schedule based on project priority.
- Identify the importance of changing a project portfolio’s status from Active to Complete.
- Determine how to create a report that shows active and backlog projects.