Learn how to replace a task that represents a proposed project with the project's schedule.
- [Instructor] The Project portfolio includes…individual tasks that represent proposed projects.…What you do when you develop a project schedule…for one of those proposed projects?…Easy.…You insert the new project schedule as a subproject…and delete the individual task.…To do that, we're going to switch back…to our Selection Dashboard View, click the bottom half…of the Gantt chart button, and in the custom section,…choose Selection Dashboard.…
Now, let's say that we now have a schedule for Project Four.…What we want to do is insert that schedule as a subproject.…I'm going to click the first blank line in the table.…I'm going to head to the Project tab,…and then in the insert section, which is at the left side…of the ribbon, click subproject.…That opens up the Insert Project dialog box,…and I have to select the file that I want to insert.…In this case, it's 0501_replacement.…
Then, at the bottom right, click Insert.…Now I have my project inserted as a subproject.…Notice that there's no value in the InPortfolio cell,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Setting up portfolio measures
- Creating custom fields to calculate selection criteria
- Defining custom fields for risk measures
- Setting up resource planning
- Building a list of projects
- Adding graphical indicators to the portfolio dashboard
- Evaluating projects for the portfolio
- Reviewing demand and availability for each skill set
- Building a rough schedule
- Managing the portfolio