When you find out who’s working on your project, you can replace generic resources with specific people. You need to update the schedule to assign specific people to the schedule.
- [Instructor] When you find out who's working…on your project, you can replace generic…resources with specific people.…Keep in mind, the assumptions you make while…estimating the introduced risk.…For instance, you might not get…the number of resources you expect.…They might not have the skills or experience you need,…or they're new to your company, and need time…to get up to speed.…If your assumptions don't pan out,…you have to adjust the schedule to reflect…quantities, availability, and productivity.…
Before your replace generic resources…with specific people, you need three pieces of information.…First, ask resource managers about people's level…of experience or productivity.…Second, find out when they're available to your project.…Third, find out how much of their time you're getting.…For example, are they working full-time…on the project, or some other amount?…With that information, you know how many people…you're getting, their experience…and availability to your project.…
Now, you can create or adjust resource…
Note: This course aligns with best practices from A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK® Guide) - Sixth Edition, published by the Project Management Institute®.
- Developing a schedule management plan
- Identifying project activities
- Adding milestones
- Organizing work
- Estimating duration and work
- Handling lag in dependencies
- Defining resources
- Assigning resources to activities
- Working with part-time and remote workers
- Fine-tuning assignments
- Optimizing schedules
- Managing and changing schedules
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Understanding a Project Schedule
2. Identifying and Organizing Activities
3. Sequencing Activities
4. Assigning Resources to Tasks
5. Fine-Tuning Assignments
6. Optimizing Schedules
Baseline the schedule2m 12s
7. Managing Schedules
Next steps2m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.