Learn about quality assurance and Bugzilla. Learn how to change a review board, defect goals, and ship release criteria.
- [Instructor] So we have concluded phase 2 of execution…and we merge into phase 3 of the release process.…So a lot of this involving quality control.…You can also expect a lot of team changes…and team dynamics, and these are soft skills…that are important for program managers to have.…Firstly, you're going to have more quality assurance…involved in your project.…This can be a pleasant experience…if the quality assurance person…has been involved early on…and you knew the rules at the start of the game.…
This can be an unpleasant experience…if quality assurance is involved late…and changes the roles after the game has started.…So expect more quality assurance,…and expect quality assurance to review the rules…well in advance of these final stages.…Additionally you're going to have more testing people involved,…and this creates some dynamics of early career engineers,…typically test people are early career engineers…versus more senior developers or architects.…So the more senior engineers…are intimately familiar with the code.…
- Hard skills and soft skills needed for program management
- Reporting and managing risk
- Phases of program management
- Understanding customers
- Running effective team meetings
- Working with partners
- Engineering, architecture, design, and code reviews
- Managing delivery and release
- Competitive analysis
- Measuring results
Skill Level Intermediate
Big Data Foundations: Program Managementwith Alan Simon1h 11m Intermediate
Make IT Work in Your Businesswith Scott M Burrell1h 43m Intermediate
Cert Prep: SNCP Foundations (S10-110)with Hubbert Smith2h 21m Intermediate
1. Career in Program Management
Reporting and managing risk3m 46s
2. Concept Development: Project Phase 0
3. Plan and Scope: Project Phase 1
4. Development and Execution: Project Phase 2
5. Delivery and Release: Project Phase 3
6. Operate: Project Phase 4
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.