Join John Riopel for an in-depth discussion in this video Project scenario, part of Working with Custom Fields and Formulas in Microsoft Project.
- [Instructor] In this course, you're a project manager for a company that is creating a schedule for a new product development project, starting from initial planning to release to manufacturing. The project has not been approved yet, so you've been asked to determine how the proposal estimate compares to the current costs. We've also been asked to review the resources, and where they might be located in the country. And, lastly, we need to be able to align all our tasks within the project with the finance codes that have been applied to each of those tasks, along with our schedule variances from baseline, and, of course, any increases in our duration as we go along.
In these videos, we will learn how to build out this scenario.
Note: This course was designed in collaboration with Bonnie Biafore.
- Touring custom field categories
- Working with enterprise fields
- Creating lookup tables
- Choosing custom fields
- Using custom fields to edit built-in fields
- Importing fields and formulas
- Creating formulas to edit text based on other fields
- Creating graphical indicators
- Choosing effective indicators
- Importing indicator criteria