The project management checklist is easy to understand, easy to sell, easy to buy, and easy to own. Explore the first article, first buy, first delivery, first support call, and migration.
- [Instructor] Let's discuss the working relationship…between program managers and product managers.…In some companies, the program manager…and the product manager is the same person,…but in most companies, a program manager…will manage projects and deliverables…whereas product managers are more of…a product line, customer-facing type of a function.…So program managers in general keep people on task,…and so, too, will program managers keep…product managers on task.…And therefore, it's important to establish…a peer-to-peer working relationship…with a product manager…So how to do that.…
The first thing is to provide some value…to product management end as well as marketing.…And that can be to organize a knowledge transfer…to cover features and functions and constraints…to the product management team and to marketing…to set them up for success.…But you can also task them to do things…that contribute to the overall project success,…including tasking them to create and review…competitive positioning and messaging,…to finish and review sales training and sales tools,…
- Hard skills and soft skills needed for program management
- Reporting and managing risk
- Phases of program management
- Understanding customers
- Running effective team meetings
- Working with partners
- Engineering, architecture, design, and code reviews
- Managing delivery and release
- Competitive analysis
- Measuring results
Skill Level Intermediate
Make IT Work in Your Businesswith Scott M Burrell1h 43m Intermediate
Cert Prep: SNCP Foundations (S10-110)with Hubbert Smith2h 21m Intermediate
1. Career in Program Management
Reporting and managing risk3m 46s
2. Concept Development: Project Phase 0
3. Plan and Scope: Project Phase 1
4. Development and Execution: Project Phase 2
5. Delivery and Release: Project Phase 3
6. Operate: Project Phase 4
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.