Discover how to procure products and services from outside of a project.
- [Voiceover] Buying or acquiring things…from outside your organization is called procurement.…Managing procurement includes identifying…what you need, selecting vendors who provide those items,…and managing the contracts you award.…The first step in procurement management…is to create a plan.…In addition to documenting procurement procedures,…this plan identifies what you need to get…from outside your organization…and potential vendors or sellers.…
The next step in procurement is obtaining bids…or proposals from vendors or sellers,…selecting who you'll use and awarding contracts.…While work is underway, you have to manage those contracts,…monitor vendor performance, and manage any changes.…When the work is done, you close the contracts you awarded.…If you need products or services that aren't available…within your organization,…procurement management helps you stay on top…of what you've purchased.…
Bonnie Biafore has always been fascinated by how things work and how to make things work better. In this course, she explains the fundamentals of project management, from defining the problem, establishing project goals and objectives, and building a project plan to managing team resources, meeting deadlines, and closing the project. Along the way, she provides tips for reporting on project performance, keeping a project on track, and gaining customer acceptance.
- Defining the components of a project
- What it takes to be a project manager
- Using project management software like Microsoft Project
- Managing project scope, budget, and schedule
- Managing project resources, including people
- Managing project risk
- Initiating a project
- Identifying and managing stakeholders
- Identifying requirements and deliverables
- Developing a project plan
- Building a project schedule
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Understanding the critical path
- Running the project
- Managing teams
- Monitoring performance
- Closing a project
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Project Management
2. Exploring Project Management Knowledge Areas
3. First Things First
How to develop requirements4m 19s
4. Developing a Project Plan
5. Building a Project Schedule
6. While You Run the Project
7. Working with Teams
8. Monitoring and Controlling Progress and Performance
9. Closing a Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.